The Harpswell Garden Club was organized May 25, 1931, and served as a combination Garden Club, Village Improvement Society, Historical Society, and Land Trustee for Wildflower and Wildlife for many years.
The Club currently provides oversight for the following locations:
- The Union Church (1841): National Register of Historic Sites
- Centennial Garden: Harpswell Historic Park
- Town Office Garden: Harpswell Town Office Park
The Club also helped restore the Harpswell Town Meeting House Cemetery (1757) and assisted in organizing the annual Harpswell Day.